Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Updates, News, Etc........

Here are some updates and bits of news that I am clearing off my desk here at Guitar Ted Labratories. Enjoy!

1. Carl Buchanan interview: It's coming! I am still in the process of transcribing the recorded interview. I was right in the middle of it when the batteries on the machine died on me! I've got new ones in now, and I didn't lose the audio. Bonus! Look for the interview to get posted up yet this week.

2. Guitar Ted Enters Long Death March!: Yep! You read right. I am entering into the Dirty Kanza 200 on May 20th. It's essentially a Trans Iowa clone race in the Flint Hills Region of Kansas. I won't know if my registration has been officially accepted until next Monday. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is a done deal, however. So, look for future training updates and a race report....of course!

3. Guitar Ted Becomes A Contributor To The Biking Hub: I was asked to become a contributor to a web site dedicated to becoming the source of all things pertaining to off road cycling. It's called The Biking Hub, and it has some pretty cool informative articles with a smattering of honest product reviews. I am flattered to become a part of this enterprise, and I hope I can be of value there. I invite you all to surf the site and check it out. You'll be glad you did!

4. Monday's With Mark Starts Again!: For all you local cats, next Monday, March 6th, I start my four week series of classes at the shop . The first one will detail for you how you can get your bike checked over and tweaked for the seasons riding. You'll know what to look for and how to make some minor adjustments. Check it out. The classes are free, and they run every Monday, for the next four Mondays. Start time is 6:30 pm. at the bicycle shop.

There you go! That clears me up to get that Jackal interview posted! It's getting nice and warm here in the Cedar Valley! Hope you all can get out and ride where ever you are!

No comments: