Thursday, May 18, 2006

Off To Dirty Kanza!





I'm off today to start my journey to Emporia, Kansas and the Dirty Kanza 200. Thanks to the web-saavy Paul Jacobson, I found these shots of the Flint Hills area where the event will be held.


There will be 11 of these low water crossings on course!







The Flint Hills are pretty remote. Some of the last open range tall grass prarie on earth is here. Cattle free range in areas, so we may have some encounters of the bovine variety!


Not many roads through this area either. There will be stetches where we won't see anything but grassy hills for miles!















Here is a good shot of what most of the gravel should look like. Narrowish, chunky, and probably dusty. They haven't had a good soaking rain down there in over a week!

Leaving this afternoon for Des Moines. Stay overnight with my sister and then getting picked up on Friday morning by fellow racer David Pals for the trip on down to Des Moines. To all you fellow racers: Take care in getting there and I hope to see you all on the start line Saturday.

To everyone else: Have a great week end, ride your bikes, hug a loved one! I'll be posting the audio blogs as things progress along. A full race report with pictures just might appear on Monday, or so. I'm on vacation until Wednesday next week, so it depends on when I can get back here to Guitar Ted Labratories. We'll see!

Adios! See ya later.

No comments: