Saturday, June 10, 2006

G.T.D.R.I. Update

Hey, just a quick update on the Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational. First off.......Wow! Thanks for all of your interest in this, I never imagined that ya'all would be wanting to come. Since that seems to be the case, here is an update concerning the date for the event and some route news.

I was kindly informed by my racing cohorts at the shop that 24 hrs of 9 mile (National Championships) is being held a week before I was planning on having the G.T.D.R.I. So, in order for them and alot of other like minded folks that would be blown up yet a week after 9 mile to attend, the date needed to be later. It works out on my schedule to do this on the 19th of August, which the enduro freaks heartily supported. What say you? I'm thinking it's going to be the 19th.

The route was initially planned out and tallied to give me a rough estimate of 172 miles. Too much! I have to go back and do some changing. The route is ideally going to be sub 150 and at least 100. Probably something closer to the 150, as there are a few "must ride" choices that I'm not willing to forego. Wuzbeen, a frequent commentator on this blog, got me hooked up with some elevation maps, so there will be hills! Right now, plan on spending your day in the following counties: Black Hawk, Tama, Grundy, and Hardin. Locals will probably already be able to guess what the route will be like!

Going to do ride support for the R.A.S.H. ride today. It's a RAGBRAI "tune up" ride, so not so serious cyclists, if ya know what I mean! Looks to be a bit wet this morning, so there may not be too many folks out. We'll see! I'll have a post ride report from a mechanics view point later today!

No comments: