Sunday, January 28, 2007

Down Time



Here in snowy, cold Iowa, with a recovery from a month long cold still in progress, I have found alot of "down time". Time to do other things, to catch up, and to focus in on my family. I'd rather be riding, but I really shouldn't if I want to get better quickly.

On the other side of the world, there is a soldier. He e-mails me about 29"er questions and he sent me the photo here to show me what he does with his down time. I'm sure he'd rather be home, focusing in on his family, catching up on things, and riding on some primo single track.

Down time: You'd rather be doing something else, but you make the best out of what you have, and you're happy you still can ride.......................and you are alive!

I don't think I have much to complain about.

Thanks to all who are fulfilling their duty to their country, both here and abroad. My helmet is off to you!

No comments: