Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Photo Blog From Texas







Some random pictures from my ride in Franklin Mountain State Park near El Paso, Texas for your approval today.

Some notes: I didn't get a picture of the short slick rock section, but it was petty cool. Also, there were parts of the trail that passed through different geological layers, so that some of the trail resembled rubble from a brick building.

There was a four dollar user fee to get a pass into the park, which was a small price to pay, in my mind, for such a cool place to ride. I even saw a Park employee grooming the trails the day I was out and one of the jeep roads had been freshly bulldozed, so things are kept up there for the money you spend to ride.

I'll say it again, if you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and ride here, but bring a friend and a first aid kit! That thorn above went right through my Sidi and into my little toe! The cactus and desert plants are pretty unforgiving. Plus,you're pretty far away from help there, so be wise if you do go!

No comments: