Friday, June 01, 2007

New "Custom Stock" Twin Six 29"er



Well, Twin Six has done it again. This company continues to amaze me with it's out of the box thinking. Here is an apparel company, ( and a dang good one at that) that has done a messenger bag, which maybe isn't so weird, but definitely different. And now....a co-designed 29"er!

This is a project that I have known about for a long time now, but was sworn to secrecy about. (Whew! I'm glad I can quit holding my breath about this one now!) Anyway, I even got to check out a raw, unpainted frame back in February. I even was consulted with for the spec on the complete bike. How crazy is that? I am stoked to see the final outcome of this project, and I can tell you that it was undertaken for one reason only. That is, a passion for the bicycle. Brent and Ryan of Twin Six are fellow bike freaks and and this is what happens when you turn two of them loose on the cycling industry. The results are pretty stellar, if you ask me.

Twin Six teamed up with frame builder WaltWorks on this collaboration. Walt Wehner's frames have a solid reputation amongst 29"er freaks and for good reason. Walt is a no nonsense, purpose driven builder that churns out beautiful, tig welded goodness that just plain works. I've seen his bikes up close and they are really well executed. Owners rave about the way they ride. Twin Six waved their magic designer wand over the hand made steel frames and voila'! A totally rockin' 29"er was realized!

I must say, this WaltWorks is the best looking one to date. You could do a whole lot worse than this one folks, and it's a limited edition, super cool looking bike dripping with details to boot. Congrats to Ryan and Brent, Walt Wehner, George Wisell, ( who built the killer wheels for the project and is head cheese at Bike 29), and anybody else that had a hand in gettin' this project done. It's so cool to see how folks in the cycling industry can get along and what they can do if they put their minds and efforts together. Good on ya guys!

Now help these guys out and buy one!

Note: Twin Six is not responsible for the wayward actions and comments of this here feller. Pay no mind to him!

Have a great weekend and ride till yer stupid!

No comments: