Friday, October 12, 2007

Dirt Session Needed Please!

Dirt.

Time for a long, long ride on some dirt. It's been too long since the last time, and all of these pictures on the interweb of others riding dirt are making me get that itch that needs to be scratched.

So, it looks like tomorrow will be that day. Forget about the lawn, the flat car tire, or any other household chores, I'm going riding on some dirt. I need to clear my mind of some crap. My family will benefit. I won't be so grumpy, for one thing! Funny how you get grumpy if you don't get a real off road session in once in a while, isn't it? Besides, I'll be much more relaxed and in a better mood once the ride is over. Riding has that effect too. It's good to get out in the woods and get that buzz that only a ride can give you.

Yeah, tomorrow is the day and I can't wait. I'm going to bed early tonight, getting enough rest, and then hitting the trail early in the morning tomorrow. I'll check out my bike of choice tonight, get it ready. Lube the chain, pump up the tires, and give it the once over. I'll grab my hydration pack, stuff in whatever I think I'm going to need. Jacket, some things to eat, and fill the bladder with some good ol' H2O. Everything will be ready. Just grab it and go in the morning.

Then it's dirt. Riding on some great little ribbons of dirt.

Hope you have a great weekend and a great ride or two.

No comments: