Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday News and Views

Trans Iowa Tune Up Ride: Weather looks great, we've got a fair number of riders promised to show up, and the course should be in primo condition. There will be a follow up report with some pictures to see this weekend late or at the latest on Monday, so do check back in for that.

I had to make a late decision on bike selection last night. I had originally planned on riding the Pofahl but a serious creak surfaced in the saddle on Wednesday and I have not been able to rid myself of the annoyance yet. It'll require a disassemble and some cleaning/lubrication which I don't have the time for now. So, I am going geared on my trusty Raleigh XXIX+G set up with the Willits WOW fork, Ergon grips, and the surprisingly comfortable Bontrager Rhythm Pro saddle. This bike already has a computer set up on it too, so that made it a no brainer. Anyway, I'm sad I can't take the Pofahl, but oh well!

The Bike Lab: I know I mentioned this already, but it got it's "official" introduction yesterday and today it's on BRAIN's website as a press release. Guess that makes it really official! Take a look at the site sometime and let me know what you think. All suggestions are welcome!

The Big Wheeled Ballyhoo: Yes, it's coming back. Yes, it will be in Decorah, Iowa again! There really isn't a better place for it as of right now. Look, I know a lot of you think Iowa is lame, but if you do, it's because you have never ridden at Decorah recently. The trails are tough and a lot of fun. Plus, they are right near town and a quarter of a mile away from the camping area we are using for the event. Everything you need is within a mile- mile and a half. It's absolutely a great set up. Anyway, plan on coming on June 21st-22nd for a great time in North East Iowa. I'll post more details in the coming weeks and there will be an official web page coming for this too. Finally, there will be T-shirts! Stay tuned!

Dirt, Sweat, and Gears: Got another gem in the in-box the other day. Check out Dirt, Sweat, and Gears SSUSA. It's a single speed event in Tennessee on May 2nd, 2008. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to eyeball this a little more closely and see if it's doable with the family, but as for you guys out there, you should look into this. Ol' Mr. 24 had some pretty high praise for the area and said the riding was stellar, so I know it is worth a look see.

Okay, that's a wrap for this week! Looking forwards to getting some gravely goodness this weekend and hope you get out to ride your bike too. Let's Ride!

No comments: