Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Badger Project Update




Someone mentioned this rig on mtbr.com yesterday so I thought I'd give you all the update, or non-update as it were, on this frame and fork.

The simple fact of the matter is I don't have the cash to finish it off right now.

I have had a lot of going back and forth with what exactly I wanted to do with it, but now that has been resolved. I know what each and every part will be, but I'm not going to spill the beans just yet. You never know what might happen between now and the time this bike actually rolls out. It still will be a drop bar, geared hard tail for off road though. That much I can say.

This year has just been filled with bicycle purchases, bike builds, bike related trips, bike accessories, and bike spending way beyond anything since I bought two Klein Attitudes in the same year back in 1992.

Let's just say the budget has been way out of whack!




So, that is what is going on with the Badger.......nothing!

Not because I don't want to, but because it's winter and money is tight. Somebody advised me to start selling off some of my older stuff, which I could do, but the thing is, it still wouldn't get done a whole lot sooner that it will anyway. It is a possibility though, but I'm willing to wait things out.

I suspect that I'll be rolling this rig by spring time, and that is just fine with me. More money will be rolling in by then and better weather will be on the way. I've got the frame and fork to start with and I want to do it right. I have got some time. I can be patient.

No comments: