Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Conversation With A Visitor



<=== A Visitor From Out Of State

On Friday I had the distinct pleasure of riding with one of the endurance world's legends on one of our humble little single track loops here in little ol' Iowa. It was a very much appreciated visit and I am humbled that he wanted to stop by on his travels back to Colorado.

During our brief ride, we had a bit of conversation that I think some of you out there might find somewhat interesting. It started out something like this.

MC: "I think I read something recently that indicated to me that you might be thinking about Trans Iowa......what is it now? Four?

Me: "Five."

MC: "Five? Is it five already?

Me: "We already announced it yesterday."

MC: "Well, I guess I'm off the back then!"

No comments: