Monday, January 12, 2009

Too Much White? How About Some Green!



<===It won't be long and I'll be bashing through the vege again on my mountain bike.
photo: Gnat

Okay, I was going through some photos this weekend and came across these. Wow! I miss "green". In fact, these photos just jumped at me with their "green-ness'. I guess you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

And today we're looking at more snow and then into the deep freeze for the rest of the week.




<===photo: Gnat

It's weird to think that in just a few short months we'll be right back to this sort of scenery. Buff trails, warm weather, and blue skies. I can't wait! I guess that's what winter is for. It makes you appreciate the rest of the year all the more. I know I sure do.

In the meantime I suppose winter does have its own charm. I mean, I got out this past Saturday on a crazy bright, clear blue sky day to sled with my son. We went up and down that hill until we were both clapped out, frozen, and covered in ice and snow. Good times for sure!








<===photo: Gnat

But right about now I was wanting to think about green instead of white. About riding in the woods, and not about shoveling more snow from out around the cars again.

Oh well, I suppose when it is 90 degrees in the shade and the humidity is about 80% I'll look back on some pictures from this winter and be hoping for some white stuff!

Isn't that the way it goes?

No comments: