Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm Working On It!

Okay, today's post is all about things I'm working on.............

Going To Sea Otter: Next week I leave on Wednesday and spend the remainder of the week at Sea Otter, the annual mountain bike festival, race, and exposition held near Monterey, California at Laguna Seca Raceway. Too bad I don't have a motorscooter license, cause Ducati will be there demoing their Hypermotard rig. (Carlos faints with jealousy at this point!) I'll have to snag a photo of that bad boy!

Trans Iowa V5: Then less than two weeks after I get back I put on another Trans Iowa with my good buddy d.p. and a few volunteers. There's still some last minute things to pull together, but I think we'll be okay.

Riding For... I've got lots and lots of riding to do. Testing product, checking out components, and getting some longer routes in for the Dirty Kanza 200 at the end of May. Going in at this point I feel better than last year. Better fitness, better power, better recovery. I don't have a coach, a power meter, or a heart rate monitor, for that matter. But I know when I can punch the 38 X 18T gear over the dike, like I did about a month ago, that I'm better than I was last year, or for a long time, for that matter. Heck, I remember in 2003, when I started riding a 29"er, I had a 37 X 18 and it about killed me riding in to work!

And on a bit of a surprise...... Finally, we are taking the wraps off something next week that has been cooking in the back round for awhile now. Some of you out there have gotten the preview and know what I mean. It's going to be a big challenge, but I am excited going in that it is the right thing to do.

Okay, that's it for today. I hope you all have an adventurous time on a bicycle this weekend!

No comments: