Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The "Oh-So-Pro" Edition

It isn't often that I get the chance to be part of something slick and polished- "professional" one might say. Something that looks like folks knew what they wanted, knew how to do it, and pull it off in a way that rises above mere mortal accomplishments. I get to experience that on a musical level in the band I play in for my church on occasion. It's a joy that is rare for a greasy mechanic like me.

Well, not long before Trans Iowa V5 I was asked by Jason Mahokey, (He of Soiled Chamois fame), if I would file a post race report on the event that he could publish in his new web-zine called "XXC". I told him yes, and afterwards I filed the report as it appears on the T.I.V5 site and threw in some pics by myself, The Blue Colnago , and Corey, "Cornbread" Godfrey. Well, what resulted was nothing short of fantastic. Go download it now here.

Besides the piece I helped with, there is good stuff from lots of other folks that you need to check out. Jason did a fantastic job putting together Issue #2, and the contributors all did top notch work. I am honored to be amongst such heady company in XXC.

So there is is, a jumble of words, a few pics, and it gets assembled into something that is more than a sum of its parts by a brilliant guy running his own web-zine show. Thanks to Jason Mahokey, Paul Buchanan, Corey Godfrey, the riders quoted in the article from T.I.V5, and everyone involved in the event. Thanks to all the contributors in Issue #2 of XXC mag. I am humbled and proud to be a part of this. Thank you all!

No comments: