Thursday, March 18, 2010

Where Do You Find It?

You know, I've read some articles and blog posts about what some folks are attracted to in nature. I've heard things like, "I'm a water person", or "I'm a mountain person". I don't know what I am, but I do like the mountains.

Coming down to El Paso for me is always exciting, especially after the boredom of the high plains of Kansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. About the time you get off of I-40 and head south again on 54, you head up, and up, and up to the snowy mountain peaks of south central New Mexico. I always look forward to that part of the trip and always feel a bit of sadness when that part of the trip is over on the way home.

So, I wouldn't say that I am a mountain man, because I like my woods and rivers too. Lakes are great and I will always relish the days I had on the fishing boats. But I will say that mountains have their allure for me and the especially the thought of riding a mountain bike on and around a mountain is especially appealing.

So, where do you find "it"? Your special place? I won't commit to just one myself!

No comments: