Monday, October 11, 2010

Perfect Outside- Not So Perfect Inside

<==So, like.....I got this shot of a really cool sticker on my Gryphon!

Wow! What a great weekend here in the Mid-West. Perfect fall weather drenched the area and with the leaves at the height of color, folks were doing everything they could outside to get in some of the last "shirt sleeve" weather of the year.

But not me.

Nope! I came down with a nasty cold and fever. Started on Friday. I rode into work and back home again that day, but I could tell on my ride home that I was drained physically. I was struggling just to turn over the pedals to get back home. I even used the "Truck Without A Name' to pick up the kids from school, which is only a 8 block round trip. Yeah.....I was feeling really drained!

Saturday? Well, I tried to function, but it took me most of the morning to even get going, and one obligation I had to my son, which was to spend time with him, even got cut short. I did manage to give him a ride on the back of the Xtracycle, which turned out to be the only riding I got in all weekend. That undid me!

The rest of the day was worthless for me. I basically sat and did an impersonation of a zombie. Somewhat timely for the season, I might add, but not what I had in mind. Not at all. Sunday wasn't much better. I felt progressively better throughout the day, but my body, especially my legs, felt like toast. Burnt toast. More rest at the risk of turning into a sedentary mass.

That's the thing. It is so hard to just put the transmission in "park" and idle while you know the riding outside is fantastic, just so you can heal up. It's the worst. I don't have to explain that to most of you readers, I have a feeling!

The plan is to commute by bike today and see how it goes. Hopefully I'm coming back around to normal sooner than later.

1 comment:

Small Adventures said...

Man,and I thought my weekend sucked having to visit family...hope you get to feeling better fast,Brother.

Steve