Monday, January 23, 2012

51 Trips Around The Sun

Ready To Blaze Thru Another Year
First off, apologies to the regular readers here for this, but today is my day to mark my appearance to this World. It's been a good ride so far. All 51 laps around the Sun of it.

There certainly were some parts I'd rather not remember, and wished I didn't have to go through, but I wouldn't be who I am without that stuff.

As for this space where I write and blather on, I will say that I continue to be amazed and humbled by the numbers of folks that say they read "Guitar Ted Productions" on a daily basis. To you I say "Thanks!" I am certainly appreciative of you all stopping by.

Of course, I get out and about sometimes and people find out that I am "Guitar Ted". It's always interesting, but I'll share one experience that happened recently that reflects on what this day means in a small way.

I was at Triple D, and waiting in the start line, when someone a few folks over heard me mention who I was.

"You're Guitar Ted?, I heard a voice say. I looked over to see a younger man than I and I answered him that I was indeed that person. He went on to say he read this blog and then he mentioned that I was older than he thought I would be. That he thought I was a younger man, a racer type, and ........well.....

Of course, by this juncture he was feeling a bit embarrassed, not knowing if I would be offended by that statement. Of course, I ribbed him a bit, but really, it was no big deal. (So, if you are this fellow that I am describing, no offense was taken, none meant from me either.)

I think it illustrates the personal/impersonal paradox that is the inner-web-o-sphere. You all "know" me, yet there are seemingly obvious things you may not know about me, like how I look in person, or that I am "old". Then there is the other side, the actions and words I portray here are maybe not those some may think of when they think of "middle-age", (whatever that is). So, I take it as a compliment when folks are surprised to see my white beard and silver hair. Yep! I've been around awhile.

And I intend to be around a while longer. See ya'all down the trail somewhere...................

9 comments:

Wally said...

Happy B'Day "Old Guy".

mw said...

weeeee

Tom Scott said...

A very happy birthday to you!!!

Vito said...

Happy Birthday from one old guy to another. I will soon complete my 53 orbit and move onto #54. I like to think of myself as getting better or improving, rather than aging:)
I hope you have a stellar day!

Rich said...

Happy B-Day!!
Congrats on the BRAIN article as well. Nice to see G-TED on the national scene....all of us little people feel part of something bigger...hey i know that guy!!

Took the family snow shoeing in Hartman reserve....with all the white it is easy to get lost! We went for 1 hour that quickly turned into 2.

I'll have to try the fat bike route some time soon.

Small Adventures said...

Hope it's the happiest start-another-lap-o-the-sun day you've had,Mark,best birthday wishes from us to you,my friend! And though I may would think you're an old dude (I'm 38),I'd never say it out loud,knowing you could ride my butt into the ground ;) :P Happy birthday,Brother :)

Steve

S Sprague said...

Happy B-Day GT! Thanks for the daily read. Keep the rubber side down!

Ari said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Guitarra Ted!!!!!

ari

MG said...

LOL... Happy birthday mystery rider!