Saturday, March 31, 2012

Trans Iowa V8: Pre-Race Meat-Up Explained

At the 2011 Pre-Race Meat-Up
I got a great question concerning the "Pre-Race Meat-Up" for T.I.V8 which will happen on Friday, April 27th starting at 4:00pm.

Here's the question:

"...the Pre-Race Meeting schedule. You said it starts at 4:00. Does that mean we need to be there at 4:00 or is that when registration opens?"

Here's my answer:

"The Pre-Race is scheduled to start at 4:00pm, and I highly recommend you get there as soon after as you can. You will first check in with me. Then you will be grilling your own meal, then eating it, and then you'll have to get the bill taken care of, (which was a bottle neck last year, but we've got a better flow for this time), so in a time period of 2.5hrs, you need to have all that taken care of."


So, to re-cap- The doors open at 4:00pm, check in with me as soon as possible, then, get to grilling and chilling. The Grinnell Steakhouse is going to open up four checkouts versus the one of last year, which should speed up the process of getting into the meeting room and getting started on the watching of "300 Miles of Gravel" and the meeting proper by about 6:30pm to 7:00pm Remember- You Must Check In With Guitar Ted By 6:30pm Friday April 27th, or You Will Not Be In T.I.V8.

I am expecting a record number of folks this year, over the 140 that were there last year, so please be on schedule.


The film will take up about a half an hour, and the meeting will be about the same length. Hopefully we can have everyone out of there by 8:00pm.


I will be starting the mass e-mail to get your menu choices. These will be the same as last year, chicken, pork, beef, or vegetable kabob. Look for that to hit your in-box soon.

No comments: