Monday, April 02, 2012

Administrative Duties

Go figure, it turns out to be a beautiful day on April 1st and I planned on doing Trans Iowa stuff. Well, it won't get done on its own, now will it? So I did it anyway while most all of you were hopefully out riding in the awesome sunshine. I'll apologize now for the T.I. stuff, but as you might expect, since I am facilitating the framework for this challenge, I have it foremost upon my mind these days.

If you are in Trans Iowa V8, you should have an e-mail from me. Check it out and get back to me ASAP. It concerns the Pre-Race Meat-Up. I'd appreciate that.

The event is coming together. I need to start publishing the cue sheets and I already started getting my kit together for the day of. Re-routing supplies, and lights, and papers, etc. I have to get my truck looked over for the long day into night into day. Which reminds me. I need to find a jack for that dang thing!

I'm sure many of the riders are fretting over last minute preparations as well. Bikes, long rides, testing nutrition, and clothing. It's all going to come to a head in about three weeks.

Okay, I am also going to announce here today that I plan on doing audio-blog updates, which will appear on this blog, for Trans Iowa again this year. On that note, here are a few things you can expect from this....

  • I probably will not mention most riders by name, tell you who is in or out, or maybe even when riders will appear at certain places on the route. 
  • The updates will definitely not occur at regular intervals, and may not even be possible at times when I am out of cell phone range.
  • I may or may not make it to announce the finisher(s) as they come in. 
Why bother? Well, you may learn something, which is better than nothing, and maybe they will be entertaining. Maybe not. I'm doing them because I find it fun to do.

I will also be Tweeting on the hash tag #tiv8 on Twitter and my handle there is @guitarted1961. Again- don't expect detailed reports with lots of names, places, and pertinent "Cycling Dirt" type stuff. I don't do that.  You might learn a few things about what is going on though.

Generally, my gig is to track the leaders, so you may hear about that part of the event. Maybe. You'll just have to tune in and see.....

No comments: