Monday, July 02, 2012

Big Riding Weekend

93 degrees and high humidity for Sunday's ride
Well, it has been a long, long time since I logged three days in a row with higher than normal miles. This weekend wouldn't have been my pick for something like that, but it just worked out that way.

The Salsa Cycles demo was day one for more miles. I rode my bike back and forth to work, as usual, but also rode to the Demo, and did a special ride, then rode home.

Saturday was the 3GR, and I've taken to riding over to the start, (about seven miles or more), and then doing the ride proper, then riding home. That was two days of heat and humidity with miles on a bicycle to make me tired. Real tired.

Saturday afternoon I actually took a rare nap. That almost never happens with me. Then Sunday I spent two more hours on the mountain bike doing some ride testing. Oddly enough, Sunday I felt just fine, despite the 93 degree heat with humidity on top of that.

After all, I need to get some extra miles in for the upcoming GTDRI on July 14th, so I am grateful for the extra miles and for that to have happened in the heat. Now going outside when it is in the 90's seems almost "normal". I told Mrs. Guitar Ted that when things get back to the 60's we'll think we are freezing to death!

No comments: