|What "home" will look like next week|
This is "show season" for the cycling industry. Eurobike already happened, and there wasn't much hoopla with regard to "the latest, greatest thing". I suspect Interbike will follow suit there. I have no good leads on anything "spectacular", so if something does prove to be "the shiny new object" I'll be as surprised as anyone.
Here's a brief listing of things having to do with Interbike. First, the "Negative List"
- Las Vegas: I'm sorry if you call this place home, but it is what it is. Soul Sucking, "Love Removal Machine". Nuff said.....
- Outdoor Demo: Dust, heat......did I say it was dusty?
- Expensive food
- The Strip- It deserves it's own mention.
- Flying: Yep...it's official. I do not like the Flying Germ Tube.
- Bicycles: Lots of them too.
- People: Lots of those as well. Some of them I really miss and see only here.
- Outdoor Demo: I get to ride bikes. See people. Did I say there are lots of bicycles?
- Leaving Las Vegas on Friday's "Red Eye Express".
Seriously though, the industry really uses this as an excuse to hang out, see each other, and jibba-jabba about this or that. Oh yeah.....there is the hardware. But that's really secondary for industry folks, cause, well....you know- they see this stuff all day, every day. Now maybe they have never met you, or only get to see you once in a year. People. That's what Interbike is really about.
Look for some posts to report on the goings on starting next Monday.