Tuesday, June 03, 2014

A Different Kind Of Titanium

Hopefully the start of something......
I received a small box in the mail yesterday. It was light, and I was expecting it to be so. It had some nice titanium things inside of it. Not the cycling bits you might think of, but these things will be cycling related in this case.

I've always been envious of the guys I know that go out and have a breakfast or a coffee or both on their way to work in the woods using a camp/back/bike packing kit. I was introduced to the idea way back in '08 and since I am a slow learner it takes me a long time to get things together, I guess, but here I am getting a bit closer to the goal, at least!

So, no big, huge plans here, just baby steps and small goals at first. Then.......who knows? I do have a can stove and a bit of alcohol. I have some coffee I can grind, so the first thing on the menu is to just go somewhere quiet and have a cuppa joe, then ride back. We'll see where it goes from there.

I know I have a camping trip on the horizon in mid-July where I will be staying overnight with my son, so there's another opportunity to cook with this little kit. Hope he likes instant oatmeal! That will definitely be on the menu that weekend! Maybe we'll do something else as well, but that's awhile down the road just yet.

So, stay tuned. I hope to be having some "mini-adventures" soon enough, and we'll see how the kit does out in the field. 

1 comment:

Rich said...

http://bunyanvelo.com/issues/

Towards the end of issue #4 pp194 ish? - good article #coffeeoutsie