|Surprise, surprise! You knew this was coming, didn't you?|
The Bike: This is a bike from a bike shop with the same name- Black Mountain Cycles- which is located at Point Reyes Station, California. This one is the Monster Cross frame and fork. I call it "Orange Crush", but Black Mountain Cycles founder, Mike Varley, can't do that for obvious reasons. You can get a full build kit from BMC, but I got just the frame set. While I often modify this bike, the basic set up is as follows with this one:
- Crank Set: Older Shimano Non-series five arm 110BCD w/46T/36T rings
- Cassette: SRAM 9 speed 11-34T
- Rear Derailleur: Older Ultegra 9 speed long cage.
- Front Derailleur: 90's vintage top pull Shimano STX
- Shifters/Brake levers: Gevenalle- These are the older non-linear pull type which I mounted Shimano 9spd bar end shifters to.
- Wheels: Either Velocity USA polished A-23's or HED Ardennes+ with various tires.
- Brakes: Tektro cantilevers
- Stem & Seat Post: Ritchey Classic
- Headset: Origin 8 sealed bearing threadless.
- Handle Bar: Salsa Cycles 46cm Cowbell
- Saddle: WTB Pure V
- Rack: Velo Orange Pass Hunter
- Bags: Front Rack- Out of production, sorry!, Frame- Revelate Tangle Bag, Medium, Top Tube Bag- Planet Bike Snack Sack.
- Fenders: (When Used) Planet Bike Cascadia ALX