Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bikes Of 2015: Singular Cycles Buzzard

You can almost hear the Buzzard flapping its wings.....
Making a few cameo appearances during 2015 was my Singular Cycles Buzzard. I don't have a lot of mountain bikes around, and the only geared one I have is this one. I put this together about a couple years ago now and I really enjoy riding it on mountain bike trails. It is a bit of a tank, but it goes over and around most anything. I'll probably never kill the frame. Too burly.

Anyway, here's the rundown on this bike....
  • Frame: Singular Cycles Buzzard, Size Large
  • Fork: MRP Stage 140mm travel
  • Drive Train: Shimano 2 X 10 STX DynSys 10spd clutch type rear derailleur. 
  • Brakes: Shimano STX Hydro.
  • Wheels: Velocity hubs and Velocity Dually rims
  • Tires: On One Chunky Monkey frt 2.4" and One One Smorgasbord 2.25" rear- both tubeless.
  • Seat Post: Specialized Command Post dropper type. 
  • Bars/Stem: Kore B52 stem and Shimano PRO Alloy Tharsis bar with Ergon grips
Besides some minor brake maintenance, this bike is good to go and I do not plan any future upgrades here unless it might be a better dropper post than I have on here now. This bike really tames the terrain here. It's almost silly how easy everything is around here. That's good, and its bad. Bad because it is hard to have a challenging ride around here and you have to travel to places that would push my limits with this bike. Good because I can travel to places with tougher trails and have a capable rig.

2 comments:

Doug M. said...

Such a beauty. I'm sure it's a haul from your parts, but I have it on my MTB bucket list places to ride up in Chequemegnon National Forest in WI. I bet there's a bunch of secret spots I don't know about on the way & in MN. Looking forward to seeing more of that part of the country!

Guitar Ted said...

@Doug Mayer: Thanks!

Yes, on the way up you should check out Decorah, Iowa, Levis-Trow, Blue Mound, and then go to Chequamegon national Forest and do the Rock Lake Loop for sure.