Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Next Geezer Ride

With the passing of the Spring Geezer Ride, it is time to consider when I will schedule the next one and what my ideas for the next one are. The past Geezer Ride was mostly set up and reconned by Martin, and I am willing to allow the next Geezer Ride to be set up independently of me, as long as it adheres to the basic principals of the thing.

With all of that in mind, here are my thoughts on the next one.....

My calendar is pretty stacked as far as August goes, since it is sandwiched between the GTDRI at the butt end of July and the Broad Street Growler at the very beginning of September. Then the Gravel Worlds is stuck in the middle. So, August is a no-go for me. I don't want to try to jam another gravel ride I have to attend in between all that other gnarly stuff.

I also won't be foolish and go on the same weekend as Jingle Cross, which is toward the end of September, but I am thinking of the weekend before that. Any sooner and it gets too close to the Broad Street Growler. October is out due to the Spotted Horse, which I foolishly signed up for. I don't suppose anyone wants to go Geezerin' in November, so September 17th is what I am shooting for. Yes......it probably conflicts with what you are doing. Boo-hoo. That's when the next Geezer Ride will be, and that's that.

Now, about where it will be......that's totally up for debate. My idea is to have it start somewhere near the Des Moines area, like Cumming, Iowa, or some such. But, I haven't gotten my heart set on anything just yet, and it may be that someone steps up with a strong suggestion and we go elsewhere.

So, there ya go. If I don't hear from anyone on a site for the next one, I'll come up with my own route and y'all will just have to decide if you want to ride it or no. Stay tuned................

1 comment:

Exhausted_Auk said...

Mid-September - I like it!