Sunday, July 03, 2016

Riding Free

What a great day to ride!
I rode yesterday. It wasn't some epic race day. It wasn't a century ride with some adventure and obstacles thrown in. It wasn't even worth mentioning, really, other than the fact that I got to do the ride. 

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, and maybe if you have a minute to pause and think during this hectic holiday weekend, maybe you could think about how nice it is to be able to do whatever it is that you are doing. Freely.

This country is screwed up, for sure, and I don't think anyone will argue that things could be better. However; considering that we don't have to walk five miles to get a pail of water for the day, that we have plentiful food and choices beyond measure, and that we can move around, mostly freely as we will, I think we'd have to admit that we have it really good. Really, really good. 

So, I felt very blessed to have gotten out for as long as I was able to Saturday. Sure, I could have ridden with friends I haven't ridden with or seen in a long time. I could have had an all day adventure, gotten another ride in for the Cup-O-Dirt challenge, or have been on some awesome race course somewhere. I didn't, and I'm not going to complain, grouse about it, nor be bitter in any way. Nope.

I'm glad I can ride a bike at all wherever I want to within reason.

Have a Happy 4th of July.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Indeed, life is good and it's good to be free to ride and explore!