Monday, May 13, 2019

Took The Weekend Off

N.Y. Roll brought in the Terreno XC for me to look at.
This past weekend I ddidn't do anything with bicycles. No big rides, no work on the fleet, nuthin. I took both days completely off from anything bicycle related.

There were a few reasons why. I needed time away from it, for one thing. As you all know here, I spend almost all my spare time doing bicycle stuff 365 days a year, or it seems so. Yeah......I take holidays off, and that sort of thing knocks a few days off that total, but otherwise, it is all bicycles all the time. I thought it would be nice to just not do that for one weekend.

Secondly, I haven't felt 100% well for about a week. I have a really stiff feeling in my upper torso, a runny nose, and stuffed up sinuses of late. I needed a break physically.

Of course, yesterday was Mother's Day too. I decided to cook for the family as part of the way we honored Mrs. Guitar Ted. So, that was a plan that took up a big chunk of Sunday. I also played at church which took all morning, so that was the day yesterday.

However; I cannot totally escape. I was doing a bit of gardening work Saturday when N.Y. Roll showed up on his rig which he had mounted his new Vittoria Terreno XC tires on. He came by my work Friday to show them to me out of the box first. So, that's how I got the image here today. the tires feel really light, very supple, and looked great. Anyway, N.Y. Roll put on about a 100 miles Saturday on them and pronounced them as being "good" through his fatigue induced mental haze.

That's "good enough" of an endorsement for me. I'm getting some for the Fargo Gen I bike and will be mounting them up here before long. I'm looking forward to trying these out. And, I am looking forward to riding again. Hopefully I start feeling better too. This funk I have is getting on my nerves.

3 comments:

Marcin S. said...

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on these tyres. Tempted by 29 x 2.25 version for my Gryphon, althought still undecided whether to put something more knobbly like MEzcal on the front.

Guitar Ted said...

@Marcin S- My co-worker is running Mexcals and says tey are the best all-around mtb tires he has tried. Fast on pavement yet grippy on dirt. He raced them in Texas earlier this year and it was muddy and he said they even held their own in those conditions.

I am getting the 2.1 Terreno as pictured and will review it though. I may get the wider Mezcals eventually for a SS build I am considering.

Marcin S. said...

Thank you for the reply, yeah Mezcal 2.25 front and back is also a good option, hell I may even succumb to my tendency to fit the largest tyre possible and just get 29x2,6 Mezcals for the extra cush. We are spoiled for choice these days.
best,
Marcin