Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Jacked Up

I used to get into some pretty 'out-there' situations with the ol' truck!
Just this past Sunday, another "Trans Iowa Stories" post went up. In that post, I wrote the following statement in regard to my 2003 Toyota Tundra truck:

""I have to get my truck looked over for the long day into night into day. Which reminds me. I need to find a jack for that dang thing!"

Ironically, to this day I still do not have a complete working jack for my truck! "

Apparently, one of you dear readers took particular note of that statement in red, and got busy! I know this because on Tuesday morning the UPS driver hobbled into Andy's Bike Shop where I was working as he wrestled with an odd shaped, heavy box. When I had a minute to investigate, I realized the big box was for me! What the.........!! 

Generally speaking, I am almost 100% on top of what is coming to me for reviews and whatnot in regard to RidingGravel.com. But this didn't fit anything I was expecting, in terms of size, from anyone that had promised to send me something to check out. No......this was odd. It had a strange address, and it was heavy. Not like a bicycle part would be. A rack? Maybe. But I had no one contact me about anything like this. 

Well, of course I opened it and what I found inside blew me away. Yep! You guessed it already, I am sure. Someone sent me a complete working jack for a 2003 Toyota Tundra! 


It is all there- right down to the hardware to hold it behind the front seat!
Just like it was meant to be!
So, there ya go! I even tried to unscrew and let down the original equipment spare tire and it actually came down! Now, I recall from my car mechanic days that this sort of cable/screw spare tire retention/access system would sometimes get so rusted up on vehicles we would be working on that it would not let a spare tire down. This was my greatest fear about the jack and having to make it work. But no worries! It worked like it was brand new. Amazing! Even the spare, quite dusty as you might imagine, looked fine and had air in it yet. I'll have to get it all the way out and check the pressure and inspect it for weather checking later, but for now...... Whoopee! I have a jack and my spare tire is accessible! 

My thanks are simply not enough. To whomever jumped on this and blessed me out of my socks- THANK YOU! I am humbled and amazed by this gesture of kindness. Especially in times such as they are now.

4 comments:

FarleyBob said...

That is very cool! Nice work people!

MG said...

That's pretty awesome…

teamdarb said...

Teamwork!

Ari said...

Getting it done!