Sunday, August 30, 2020

Fall Views: Barns For Jason


Over the weekend I did two rides and saw a lot of new-to-me barns. So, as you know, that means one thing and one thing only. A new "Barns For Jason" post!  So, again, as you may know, these posts are an artifact from an old contest I had going on with Jason Boucher to see who could post the most unique barns. (Meaning that you couldn't post one barn twice, they had to be 'unique' to the series) Now this series has become a way for me to document the old structures which are quickly fading from the rural Iowa landscape. 

These are barns from Saturday and Sunday's rides. The first batch are from barns in Northern Black Hawk, Soutwestern Bremer, and Eastern Butler Counties. The second batch is from a Sunday ride I did with Andy of Andy's Bike Shop and are from North of Cedar Falls. 

Separate ride posts will happen tomorrow and Tuesday. 

Enjoy!













And that's a wrap on this "Barns For Jason" post.

4 comments:

Tim said...

How many unique barn pictures are in your "Barns for Jason" folder? They seem to keep coming. Thank you for sharing the pictures of landscape, humanscape, and history!

Guitar Ted said...

@Tim - Ah......you are assuming I have the foresight and wisdom to actually put all the barn pics in one folder I see. You know- that's a great idea. I probably should have done that!

As a result, I've no idea how many barns I have taken images of. I just know when I am on a new road I've not ridden on, or if I go the opposite way on a road, that I need to be aware of barns. I miss more than a few, and some I just don't get an image of, due to not being ready, or what have you. Oh.....yeah, I probably should also state that I don't stop for any of these images. That's kind of against the rules! "All barn images must be taken from the saddle of a bicycle, no other means of gathering images is allowed". Or something like that, was the edict.

Arcane rules, I know. But that said, I should probably get around to starting that folder........

teamdarb said...

Is anyone else coming up with a different version of this blog more frequently? Check the address bar. I get a version which my firewall does not like more often since last Monday, even after clearing the browser.

Tim said...

Thank you for the added insight. You are a fine photographer getting all of those pictures while "on the move + in the saddle." No need to organize pictures now. Instead be present at football games, art exhibits, and sharing time with Mrs!