Monday, August 10, 2020

Home Brewed Riding

  

 The year has been, well, you know.....2020? Weird? Awful? Unique? Take your pick. One thing I know is that with all the freaking out we started out with back in March, it all has resulted in me not going anywhere to ride. 

So, most every ride I've done, with a few exceptions, has been right out of my front door. Especially up until the end of May or so. I eventually felt like it was okay to go to Prairie Grove Park to launch off. I also did that one ride out of Raymond's ball diamond complex. But other than those, yeah.....it's been right out the front door or nothing. 

Not that I've even thought about that much. I miss going to Kansas, I miss going to the Des Moines area, and I'm going to miss going to Nebraska soon too. It's just that all this clamping down has been pretty detrimental to not only being able to go anywhere early on, but this all enables my 'anti-travel genes' to flare up big time as well. I guess I can blame genetics for this. My maternal grandfather was never much for leaving home either. Despite the fact he was a trucker at one point in his life. 

Not that I am all against traveling. Obviously, if you've read this blog for many years, you know that. In fact, you might be shocked to learn that I have a home-body side to me. Well, I do. But I'm about at the end of my rope with that too. I am feeling the inclination toward travel again. Kind of like Bilbo Baggins, I have an adventure 'itch' that needs scratching from time to time. I've got a little mini-adventure thing planned that I want to do, and that may be happening yet this month, but I am not going to spill the beans on that here. Not yet.....

In the meantime, I have been plying the alleyways and side streets of the town. Seeing things I wouldn't have ordinarily seen, all from the saddle of my bicycle. That's been mostly good. I see folks in their back yards a lot. Sitting in lawn chairs, doing chores, or their kids at play. I get a lot of waves and hellos. Well, except for the young girl that spat at me the other day. Rude......

I guess its all good.


1 comment:

blooddoc23 said...

I like that yellow bike!