Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Technical Difficulties

 

Yesterday a severe line of storms raged through Iowa causing massive damage, power outages, and probably lots of injuries, but as I write to you, I am not exactly sure what the status of all of this is yet.

 The image here shows a farm field in Eastern Iowa that was flattened by winds many estimated at over 90mph  The devastation in cities such as Des Moines and its Northern suburbs, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids that I have seen is massive and very shocking  

So, I am having to write this post on my iPhone in the “Truck with No Name” because we have no internet access in the palatial Guitar Ted Laboratories and this phone doesn’t work in the house with no WiFi  

Wah!  So what?  Most folks have no power, tree limbs sticking out of roofs, or total losses of corn staring themselves straight in the face  my issues are counted as nothing  

If you are the sort of person that believes in the power of prayer, I humbly request you lift some up for the 100’s of thousands of people affected by this  

As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough, right? 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all are well  I’m okay. My area was largely spared   

Image credit: Iowa Storm Chasing Network  


2 comments:

graveldoc said...

Last evening, I heard Des Moines mentioned on the news as being involved with that system of storms. Prayers were uttered then. I'm glad to know you're okay. Will continue to pray for you and the people of your fine state. You wrote of receiving encouragement on your last Trans Iowa stories. I trust encouragement will find its way to Iowa.

Skidmark said...

...had not heard of Derecho wind storms before this.