Saturday, October 24, 2020

Volunteers

 So, today I am off doing something I haven't done in years- volunteering for an event's production. Yep! I mentioned earlier this week that I wasn't doing any event promotions/productions anymore, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't help someone else. 

Besides, I figured that my volunteers for Trans Iowa were invaluable to helping produce that event, and so when the call went out for volunteers for the Spotted Horse Gravel Ultra, I figured I would return the favor and maybe give back a little in recognition of my fortunes in getting stellar volunteers. 

I hope that my help is one-tenth as valuable as the volunteers help I got for Trans Iowa was and that my tiny contribution is of some worth. It will be fun to see some of the folks I haven't seen in a long time and maybe see some folks for the first time. 

The weather should be interesting. A high of 44°F with a light Easterly breeze, and I know it will be slightly colder than that in the morning which is when I am scheduled to be "on point" for my assignment. I will be traveling three hours each way to get there and back, so my day will be pretty much driving and standing around for a bit. That will be most of today's time I have to spend. 

A report on my tiny slice of the Spotted Horse Gravel Ultra will appear here on Monday. 

4 comments:

S.Fuller said...

Thank you so much for coming down and supporting our event yesterday. It meant a lot to us, and seeing you was a good pick me up after a long night chasing Iowa Wind and Rock riders.

coop6 said...

Thanks for the help, the support, and the laughs Mark! It was so good to see you again! I wish we had been able to stay at your location longer!

Rydn9ers said...

Wait, did I miss something? Does this mean that the C.O.G. is dead?

Guitar Ted said...

@Rydn9ers - All things die...................eventually. ;>)