Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bike Shop Horrors! "Holey" Bike

I had a three tube carbon Trek come in for a flat repair and clean up the other day. I noticed some nasty gouges on the non-driveside chain stay. Upon closer inspection, I found it was actually worn through!

This was beyond where the crank arm could have contacted it. Maybe a case of bad heel rub? Who knows, but this frame looks like it came in contact with a grinder to me!



Here is a shot of most of the chain stay to the drop out. It looks like a metallic dog chewed on it some.

Sorry for the out of focus shot, but you can see other things in this image.

Can anybody find "Otto" and its owner? 

2 comments:

bicycletorch said...

I hope you at least prescribed a band aid for that.

Michael Day said...

maybe it rode on someone's trunk-mounted bike rack for a REAL long time? Just bouncing and rubbing for months?