Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Couple More Things, By The Way....

I couldn't squeeze it all into one post on Friday, so here are a couple more things that I wanted to mention as the weekend kicks off...

I Spy With My Spy Optics Covered Eyes....
Spy Optics Performance Eyewear: Here ya go, another eyewear test! This time, it's from a company maybe better known for their goggles than glasses. (Jeremy McGrath is a part owner in Spy Optics, for example) That said, Spy Optics wants to branch out into the performance sector again, and if you go to their site, you'll find a mostly "lifestyle" type look and feel that isn't necessarily what we cyclists would find all that welcoming.....let's just say it that way, for looking at what we want in eyewear.

Well, Spy Optics can figure out the marketing, but as far as eyewear goes, they have the technology and performance down pat. You can read my detailed review on The Cyclistsite here. I will say here that these glasses are super comfortable, super high performance, and are on par with the high end name brands in cycling we are familiar with. Very much on par, maybe better.

Cyclists will dig the full coverage, semi-frame construction, and the anti-fogging design. My samples were polarized too, which cuts way down on glare on hot, sunlit days. There are several frame colors and lens choices too.  They have anti-scratch and anti-moisture treatments on the lenses as well. Fully optimized lens technology for vision here. No distortion and on par with the best in the business as far as that goes. Worth wading through the culture there to find these, if you want something different than the mainstream brands in cycling, for sure. I give these my recommendo.

Disclaimer: The Spy Optics eyewear was submitted to us at The Cyclist at no charge for review. I was not bribed or paid to write this post. I strive to give my honest opinions throughout. 

A Little Birdy Told me....

Say It Ain't So!: Possibly great news reached me Friday via e-mail. I heard from Phil Wood & Co. (GASP!), and they told me that the hub had been replaced! (Not repaired, but replaced)

I told them to do that straight away last time it went back, by the way. Appears that their "Head Engineer" agreed....... finally. Good. Now assuming the wheel is built, and correctly, I should be getting The Snow Dog back together again by next weekend.

Now let's assume everything comes along as planned so far. I will then mount the wheel back into the Snow Dog and proceed to stomp it hard for several off-road rides. If it survives, then I'm good. Well, as far as the wheel is concerned. There still is the issue of five months of holding up my Snow Dog riding to be considered, but I really just hope this cures it and ends this saga. Stay tuned........

2 comments:

Fat Pugger said...

I have recently become an owner of a fatbike. I picked up a Pugsley and very happy with my choice.

Guitar Ted said...

@Fat Pugger: Welcome to the "Fat Side"! :)

I hope you get miles of smiles on board your Pugs.