Sunday, July 24, 2011

Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational 2011: July 30-31, 2011

This Bridge Over Salt Creek Is On The Route
Notice: I did some recon on Saturday and found out a couple of roads were blocked by downed trees and impassable near Toledo. So, I have selected a slightly different route. It adds about a mile of pavement to what was already a mile and a few tenths coming out of Toledo, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

If you've made cue sheets already, you should take note of the changes. I also caught a turn I forgot coming into Toledo.

I have to check one more Level B road, and if it passes, the cues will remain unchanged. I will have re-route possibilities for all the B Roads in case of rain. (Like Saturday had!)

I'm pretty stoked about riding the route. It is pretty scenic, and the roads are looking like they should be fun to ride. There will be a mix of hills and rollers. No grueling, killer grade after killer grade, like the last two years, but it should prove to be challenging none the less.

I've seen the entire route, barring the last B Road and surrounding entrance and exit roads to it. I'll get down there to see that hopefully today, but probably not until Wednesday. (Today is my son's 8th birthday, so probably Wednesday!)

Stay tuned for more details soon....

No comments: