|Lots Of Roads To Check Out!|
I hope to knock out a good portion of it this weekend. Not sure if that will be by bicycle or not yet, but I'd like it to be. I think the knee is ready for it.
However that all works out, I do have the finer details on the scheduling figured out. So, here is what you can plan by for this year's Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational.
- Ride start will be at Hickory Hills County Park (Click link for detailed info on this park's location, etc) We will leave from the tent camping area.
- The GTDRI will start at 6:00am or shortly after. (I'd like to leave at 6:00am.)
- We will try to stick together as a group, unless a lot of folks show up, which I doubt, but ya never know....
- This is a self-supported, self guided ride over demanding, hilly terrain. It will likely be hot, humid, and windy. Be prepared!
- There will be a few pass through towns with convenience store opportunities at Traer, (approx Mile 20), and in Toledo, (approx Mile 60). There are a couple of smaller towns that are unknown to me, but hopefully recon will reveal more.
- The route is approximately 102 miles in length.
- The route ends back at Hickory Hills County Park
- Cue sheets will be provided for by an on-line link later.
- Ride held rain or shine, unless there is severe weather.
- This ride is free.
Hopefully we will have a fire and merriment after a tough, dusty century ride in beautiful Tama County. Look for more details soon..........