Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday News And Views

Bonus weekend post! Enjoy............

Interbike Leakage: Too much stuff to get into the spotlight for manufacturers and media means leakage, (on purpose, of course) so folks will notice instaed of it getting lost in the fray. That means bits and pieces of new product info will be getting some play here and on Twenty Nine Inches. (Earlier I had thought the news would dry up, but I guess I was wrong)

- Syncros introduces a new rim called the DS28 in a 29"er version. Disc only and probably a bit burlier. Offered in 32 hole only in matte white and black. Okay, this white thing..................yeah, I don't like it. Some of you may think it looks cool but I think it looks cheap. Just my opinion.

- Diamondback Overdrive 29"er lives again. I just heard about some more details on this bike coming out at Interbike. The original early 90's Overdrives were steel, but these new versions will be alloy. The $650.00 version will have a Rock Shox Dart and Deore components while the $1250.00 version will sport a Reba and higher end stuff. Both will be disc only brake-wise.

More stuff will certainly be on its way. Stay tuned!

Chequamegon Fat Tire 40 and Short and Fat Races: Lot's of locals in this event which is super popular in the Mid West. In fact, by the time you read this, it'll probably be over. Hope everyone had a great time!

Fat Tire Mystery! I have it on good authority that a monstrous fat, durable, but heavy 29"er tire made for serious all mountain abuse is already being tested out west. My bet is that it surfaces at Interbike, although the principals involved are sure keeping their cards close to their chests. It's probably going to be one of the major 29"er products at Interbike, if it actually shows up! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled! I know right where to look when I get there too!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: