I had really wanted to get out to ride the route to recon it, but between heat advisories, having to mow lawns at two different places, air quality issues, and work, I did not find any time for it. I'm not super concerned, as I know the roads and rode most of this last year. There is a small chance I get out today, or maybe Thursday, but unless there is some major rerouting needing to be done, the GPS file should not change.
Speaking of that, here is the Ride With GPS page link.
Details on how to get to the parking lot at Big Woods lake are HERE. Look for the July 10th update.
Weather: As of now it is looking perfect.
Finally, I've heard some rumblings about a few folks making a trip out to ride with me on this route Saturday. I'm sure some locals are thinking about the ride. I haven't gone out of my way to promote this other than on the blog here. So, I really cannot say how many folks will show up. I'm guessing it will be between 20-30 riders.
If that is the case, that parking lot may get pretty full. If you are a local, please consider riding to the venue, or maybe park in Cedar Falls at the Gateway Park area which sits just across the Cedar River from downtown Cedar Falls. From there you can ride the Big Lake Loop bike path out to the North parking lot, adding maybe a couple of miles to your ride.
Okay, so that's all I have for you. Again, if you want to do a virtual "Ride For Jacob" because you cannot make the trip to Cedar Falls you can do that. See the last FN&V HERE for more on that idea. Otherwise I'll see whomever shows up a little before 8:00am on Saturday. Thanks in advance for wanting to be a part of this. It means a lot to me and my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment