Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bontrager Switch Blade Race X Lite Fork On Test



Guitar Ted Labratories, in conjunction with Twenty Nine Inches has recieved a Switch Blade Race X Lite fork to test. I will be mounting this up and putting it through it's paces on trails soon. I will then be posting the results of my riding on Twenty Nine Inches and then on this blog. Look for that in the near future.

Until then, here is the pertinent info on the fork. The fork is constucted of "2ACC" carbon legs, 6061-T6 aluminum crown and drop outs, and is disc brake specific. The listed weight for this 29 inch compatible fork with it's polished aluminum and carbon legs is 950 grams. The listed axle to crown height is 465mm and it's 1 1/8th steerer is aluminum. Thanks go out to Trek, Bontrager, and specifically Travis Ott, Assistant Brand Manager for Gary Fisher Bikes for getting this hooked up.

In Other News: A "spy" photo of the next Karate Monkey color to be introduced by Surly has been posted on some internet forums. It's a blue color that, frankly, doesn't do to much for me. I'll have to see it in the flesh to get a better idea of what it does for my opinion. However; it's a Karate Monkey: what else do you need to know? Well, it's got an updated down tube/ head tube junction and a gusset to help clear Reba fork crowns and give that area strength. Nice, but I was hoping for an updated Monkey from the ground up. Something maybe a little bolder, like a disc specific, single speed specific, flat black hot rod of a bike. Oh well, I guess all of that is pretty much anti-Surly, so what am I thinking?

No comments: