Monday, December 01, 2008

The Beginning Of The End

The end of the year is upon us, and now I would like to take some time to reflect upon the year and more importantly- thank a whole bunch of folks in some special posts.

So, if you are not into that sort of "end of the year" crapola", sorry! I ain't changin' it! I also want to specifically say that I am doing these posts in no particular order. Just doing them as things come to me over the next few months. Expect to see these pop up occasionally throughout December.




The first post in my series is dedicated to those wonky Twin Six
fellas. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't wear something from this outfit of lovable loonies. (I mean that in the most positive sense!) Their support of Guitar Ted Productions and Twenty Nine Inches goes waaaaay beyond common sense and is hugely appreciated. I love the stuff they produce, and wear it proudly. Besides that, I think it is safe to say that I have gotten to know the guys of Twin Six a bit, and can call them some of my Minneapolis buds. That's pretty cool of them to hang with, and support a lout like me. So here's a big Thank You to Twin Six and Ryan and Brent. You guys rock!

Also, I want to say that the Chatterbox , (The joint Brent always takes me to up there) is probably the most awesome little hang out spot I've been to (so far) in Minneapolis. So, thanks to Brent of Twin Six for hooking me up there. If you are going to be in the Twin Cities area, look up this joint, it is really good stuff!

As long as I'm on Minneapolis stuff here, lets also talk about Murphy-Hanrahan Park and Reserve. It's where I finally got an off road ride in with the Twin Six guys. A trail developed recently out of some older trails that previously existed "Murph", as the locals call it, is a stellar single speeders course and has about the best swoopy, buff, rolling trail anywhere around. I highly recommend this trail system, which is an easy drive off I-35 near Burnsville.

I'll be talkin' more about Minneapolis folks and places in the coming days, so stay tuned!

No comments: