|Trans Iowa V12 will be April 23rd-24th: See if you can slay the dragon!|
I don't have a lot more to add right at the moment, but I do have a big change to discuss with you in terms of registration, especially for the Rookie Class. As some may recall, there were several with hurt feelings about how that registration process went down last year and many were angry about not getting in due to snafus of various sorts. There were cries of foul regarding those who were at the door of the shop walking in entries, and cries of foul over how some entities handled over-nighted entries. There were people risking their lives driving, and in one case, riding a bicycle, several hours just to get an entry to me the day the Rookie Class opened up.
I took everything into consideration, took a lot of criticism behind the scenes into account, as well as some speculation well after the fact, and I have come up with a plan to revamp registration for the Rookies. This may apply someday to the Vet Class as well, but for now, their numbers do not warrant this plan. Here are the specifics:
- There will no longer be any "overnight" entries accepted from FedEx, UPS, etc.
- There will no longer be any "gift" type entries accepted including flowers, beer, liquor, etc.
- There will no longer be any "walk in" entries accepted.
- All entries will be sent in on a post card. ONE CARD PER PERSON!
- All entries will be accepted via USPS REGULAR MAIL ONLY!! NO PRIORITY, OVER NIGHT EXPRESS, OR CERTIFIED MAIL.
- There will be a window of time for all that want to send in an entry for Trans Iowa.
- Once the window for entry is closed, A DRAWING FOR THE 40 ROOKIE SPOTS WILL BE HELD. The drawing will be random and the drawing will be final. There will be no appeals or substitutions.
Finisher and Veteran registration: Registration will be by post card only! As for now, over nighted packages will still be allowed. I would suggest that folks DO NOT USE FED EX as they screwed up more than a few guys and gals registrations last year. Just a Pro tip there for ya. NO WALK IN DELIVERIES. Everything will be by post card.
Details will be announced at a later date. Registration dates will also be announced at a later date. Stay tuned. Questions? Hit the comments or my e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org