|This road is on the Masters Program route.|
That means that if there are roads out, bridges out, or construction, you'll have to deal with it.
I think you folks can handle it. Now with that said, here are some notes on the course that those of you who may take this route on might find interesting.
- The first sector is new until you get to the high school on the East edge of Hawarden where T.I.V1 and V2 started. Then it is all V1's route into Orange City.
- With a bit of "transfer" in Orange City, the route goes to V2's path until you get to Algona.
- From Algona to Osage the routes of V1 and V2 were close to the same. All of this sector of the Masters route is fromV2. V1's route deviated notably going from Algona to Forest City.
- Out of Osage until the route gets midway into Howard County the route is V2.
- Midway in Howard County to just South of Cresco the route is mostly new with some V2 thrown in at the end. This was done for a personal reason, that being......
- I wanted the route to pass by my family's homestead just East of "Maple Leaf", which was a tiny town at one time.
- Going into Cresco and up until a few miles before Decorah the route is from Trans Iowa V4 running it backward.
- Trans Iowa V3 and V4 both left Decorah going out on Quarry Hill Road just beyond the bridge over the Upper Iowa River. You will cross the "start line" of both those Trans Iowas with 47.87 miles to go to the end of the Masters route.
- The Masters route follows T.I.V3 until the intersection of Ellingson Bridge Dr and Iverson Bridge Road where the rest of the route is all new until you reach Lansing Iowa.