Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Salsa Demo Day

Model 2017 rigs ready to ride.
Yesterday the shop where I work got the honor of having a salsa cycles demo truck visit. We set things up at George Wyth State Park and the demo ran from 4:00pm to 7:00pm officially. Although we didn't get the last rider back until well after 8:00pm.

The really cool thing about this demo was that it was the very first time in Iowa that any of the 2017Salsa Cycles product line had been shown or ridden by anyone. There were Woodsmokes, Timberjacks, new Mukluk carbon bikes, Pony Rustlers, and Carbon Warbirds. There was even a Carbon Beargrease and a few Redpoints. One lonely Cutthroat was also there, but it just so happened that it was my size! 

Judging from rider reactions, the Pony Rustler was the overwhelming winner in best bike ridden. However; it doesn't mean that was an easy choice by the folks in attendance. There was no Timberjack available in my size, but I did ride the Woodsmoke, Cutthroat, Carbon Warbird, Carbon Mukluk, and the Pony Rustler. I'll have my impressions of each coming up in the next post. Stay tuned for that.

It was a VERY humid evening, and I helped pack things up so I didn't get the Fat Fargo and myself ridden home until 9:30pm. A long day, but a fun one. Thank you Salsa Cycles!!

1 comment:

BluesDawg said...

Really looking forward to reading your impressions of the Cutthroat.