Thursday, August 23, 2018

Looking Ahead

Well, that wraps up any planned events for me for the rest of the year. That doesn't necessarily mean I won't be lining up somewhere though. I could be convinced and if the timing was right, well, who knows?

But as far as the year is concerned, I had no plans the rest of 2018, and for good reasons. First off, my son is in football and I want to attend as many games as I can. Those games may be on or close to weekends now, so going someplace for an event gets hard to do, since they usually happen on weekends.

I was asked a few times about another Geezer Ride. I didn't get to pull off the Spring Geezer Ride due to poor weather. The Fall one was supposed to be up around Cresco, but due to extenuating circumstances, that has been put on hold until next year. And to be quite honest, besides doing the Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational, not doing any event planning has been really nice this Summer.

So.......just what will I be up to? Hard to say. I want to go ride a few places I've had on my mind of late. Southern Minnesota somewhere, up around Strawberry Point/Volga, Iowa, and I wouldn't mind doing some more riding around South of Des Moines again. But be that as it may, I have a few cycling goals to try to squeeze in before Winter sets in. Here they are in no particular order....
  • Single Speed Century- I planned this last year and never got around to it. I have a route already laid out. 
  • More Consistent Riding- Not that I need to get into shape or anything, but consistent, longer rides are in the cards now. I'd like to put in several, (see bucket list of places above), and have them be at regular intervals. Weather dependent, so may not happen.
  • Start Work On T.I. Masters Route Additions- I have a plan to add to the Northern Tier route with a Central and Southern option. I would like to get this into the initial planning phases yet this year. 
Other than those I just need to do some thinning of the herd, some shop clean up, and then do RidingGravel.com business. Then it'll be on to 2019 and a new set of goals.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Excited to hear about some T.I. Masters Route Additions! That's on the bucket list now with the end of TI. Have a great fall!