Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Another Trip Around The Sun

Ain't gettin' any younger here.....
Today is my birthday.

Thought I may as well get that out of the way right up front. I am not looking for any extra special shout outs from any of you out there, but on the occasion of this momentous day, (well.....for me and my family, it is momentous), I thought about a couple of things that I wanted to share today.

I was thinking, at my age now, I don't receive many cards that, at one time, I never thought about not getting again. Not that I deserved to get them, but that I didn't acknowledge getting them, maybe, as well as I should have.

I won't be getting any more of those great birthday cards with $5.00 in them from Grandma ever again. I won't be ever getting another card from my parents. Those are cards I never thought about not getting anymore. But as with all of us, time marches on and we only have a very short time on this Earth.

So, don't tell me "Happy Birthday" today, but I would rather that you gave someone you love a call, or a hug, and tell them you love them, and look at them and remember.

Because one day you won't have that chance anymore.

I hope y'all have a great day!

No comments: