Friday, May 18, 2007

Secret Project #1 Revealed!



It's a Badger! Yep, a fillet brazed steel, drop bar 29"er from Rob Pennell is being constructed in Kansas as we speak.

The picture is of the design specs that Rob will use to build by. The dirty adjustable wrench? Hmm...........dunno! Perhaps that's there to give Rob's assistant Josh an occasional attitude adjustment! Heh heh! Just kiddin' there Josh!

I thought it only fitting that I post this today as most of my gravel grinding buds are on their way to the Dirty Kanza 200 to get ready for tomorrow's flinty goodness. (Good luck to all of you, by the way!) Wish I was going too. Oh well!

This bike will kind of be a culmination of my time spent on the Badger Dorothy from last fall. I was so smitten with the way the 19" frame rode that I knew I had to have a bike like that tweaked for drop bars. I felt that a drop bar specific frame with a similar geometry to the Dorothy and using custom butted tubes would be the only way to make that bike better for me.

I plan on riding this bike primarily on long, long rides on gravel and single track. I expect it'll be a rather comfortable, great handling, beautiful frame that will give me years of riding joy. I can't wait to show and tell you more, but that's it for now. I'll post more clues and comments in the days to come.

Secret Project #2? Yeah, it's at the powder coater. I'll post a teaser on that one later Stay tuned!

No comments: