|Somewhere out here looks pretty good to me...|
- I got a chunk of Tyvek for a tent groundcloth from a co-worker. Obviously it is a vapor barrier and it packs up nice and small.
- With an eye to lightweight minimalism, I tried the rain fly from my Eureka 6 man dome tent as a tarp tent substitute. It doesn't really work, so I abandoned that idea.
- For now the Topeak ByKamper is going to be the tent. Bonus- it has its own stuff sack with straps that goes right on the Anything Cage. Negative, it weighs a freakin' metric ton.
- I broke down and ordered some Outdoor Research dry bags. If this is going to "take", I figured I had better ante up and get these.
- I found the place where I want to test this all out. The route we used last weekend for the Fatbike 3GR went over some really rough, rocky spots, which will test the bike set up with gear loaded, and there are several spots to discretely camp out there.
- I started a penny stove. (Project was arrested in development when the drill battery died.) I will make a pot stand from stainless steel spokes, and with my cooking gear, I should be set there.