Saturday, August 09, 2014

Announcing A Little Something-Something

Well........there really isn't much more to say for a lot of you folks. This is all the further many will read. For those who want the down and dirty, read on.....

First off, this decision didn't come very easily. I cannot say that before April 27th, 2014 that I had given a Trans Iowa V11 a chance in hell of happening. To me, V10 was it. Done.

However; there were a lot of folks leaning on me really hard to keep going. Plaintive pleas, kind requests, polite suggestions- all were considered. I went back and forth, my family weighed in, (not all were for it), and friends weighed in. I decided one way, then the other. The Slender Fungus pledged their help, and so did some other folks. That made it easier, but it was hard to go back on a decision to end this that I had made years ago. Literally years ago. I wanted to get to ten, and get out.

T.I.V10 was a good one to go out on too. It was "epic", (if I can use that tired cliche'), and as they say, going out "on top" is the way to go out. Maybe I'll regret doing another.......

Image by W. Kilburg
 Anyway, I'm in it for at least one more go-round. I also have a few tidbits of info to share already.
  • Obviously this is starting and ending in Grinnell again. Same bat time, same bat channel. If you are at all familiar with this gig, you know the drill.
  • The barn will figure in to the festivities again, but with perhaps a few twists. There are a few ideas being batted around, so stay tuned. 
  • I have another idea involving some art of the digital imagery vein. I am in talks with someone close to the event that may be part of a gallery showing, and there may possibly be things for sale by the artists at this venue yet to be determined. Stay tuned. This is an idea that is in a state of high flux at the moment. How fluid is this now? This might end up entailing more than just digital imagery, or it may not even happen. That's how fluid. 
  • Registration: First of all- *DON"T ASK ABOUT REGISTRATION YET! There will be an announcement months from now on that. I do want to say that I am going to tweak the format just a hair due to an increase in numbers of finishers. The roster will be capped at 120 again. (*Note- If you ask me about registration, I will take note of your name and make sure that it does not appear on the T.I.V11 roster. )
  • Pre-Race Meat-Up: It will happen on the 24th of April and you will need to be at the Grinnell Steakhouse. 
  • The course is already being worked on. I have a few volunteers from last year, but please feel free to add your name to my volunteer lists if you'd like to help out.
  • Sponsors: If you want to sponsor Trans Iowa V11, just shoot me an e-mail at g.ted.productions@gmail.com
That's it for now. Keep tabs on T.I.V11 at http://www.transiowa.blogspot.com Any further announcements will appear in the "Latest News" section there.

8 comments:

Exhausted_Auk said...

Mark, count me in as a volunteer. I ain't riding this thing just a year after the last one (especially the last one!)

shiggy person said...

Do you promise to ban me if I ask about registration? I hope so!

MG said...

I will be a volunteer for v11. Glad you decided to do it...

Unknown said...

God Bless the T.I. and God Bless Guitar Ted!

-Eki

Salmon said...

Nigel Tufnel: ...... It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

runningknows said...

I've never done T.I. but in the hopes of doing it eventually (possibly maybe) I'd like to volunteer in the hopes that it'll still be here when I'm ready!

Guitar Ted said...

@runningknows; I'd gladly discuss volunteering with you. Shoot me an e-mail at g.ted.productions@gmail.com and I can go over what I'm looking for in terms of volunteering and see if that suits you.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing that shiggy said but I want to be there for this one so I am not asking anything! Thanks Mark!