Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Making A Run For It

Late Fall Light on the Sergeant Road Trail
Fall has been pretty fantastic so far. Warm, breezy, and cool at night. Not a lot of rain, but some. Really, it could be very cold, blustery, and there easily could be snow on the ground by now. We will take this bonus weather as long as we can get it.

See, the way I see it is that every day past November 1st that we aren't below the 40's for highs and that we don't have snow on the ground is one less day of Winter. Thus the "bonus weather" comment. 

So with that in mind, I am trying to squeeze in some stuff before the nut turns and we are fighting snow, ice, cold winds, or parts of all of that. I have two sets of tires to finish up reviewing for RidingGravel.com and I would like to score some more big rides as a part of that. Will the weather cooperate? That is the question that drives me every day now. I have to wager on whether or not I can afford to take time off from riding, because, well........maybe I won't be getting another chance. So that's the way some people say that you should live every day of your life- like it is your last. Good thought, but the reality is that it would be waaaaay too stressful.

I mean, how would you choose what to do? If you had that kind of crazy thought every single day, that this could be it,  well, it is my opinion that you'd go insane trying not to get it wrong. That's why I don't like the way this Fall has played out. I'd rather not have to feel like I need to cram in a ride every chance I get and that those rides would have to have some payoff. But, it is what it is.

And it means riding a bicycle more. Wah! Sometimes I don't remember how good I have it.

And then there is this election........

Petrie Road, the Level B section, from last week. 
 
On a windy day last week North of Waterloo.
Well, however this deal turns out, I am going to be out there making a run for it. I'm going to try to cram in as much life as I can before I can't. More gravel road rides, more tandem rides with my daughter, and more fat bike rides with my son.

I'm going to do the best I can. I am not going to stress over whatever the outcome of today is on a national scale. I'll vote. Sure thing. But my life ultimately isn't determined by who is the Prez or whatever.

I wish all of you a great day. Love your fellow Man. Do good. Live Life. Ride On!

1 comment:

MICHAEL said...

About all I can add to this wonderful post, is, "ditto"