Friday, June 03, 2022

Gravel Cycling Hall of Fame: Thank You!

Thank You: 

Before I start off with my recap of my trip, I wanted you all to know that this honor represents your part in the GCHoF as much as mine. I also wanted to share with you all my speech which I gave at the ceremonies on Wednesday evening:

Thank you. I want to start off by acknowledging my deepest thanks and gratitude to the Gravel Cycling Hall of Fame, the selection committee, and all who were a part of getting this Hall of Fame off the ground. Thank you for this honor. I also want to say that I am deeply sorry that our brother, Corey, Cornbread, Godfrey is not here tonight to share in this honor. Congratulations Corey!  I miss you! 

Congratulations as well to the rest of my fellow inductees: Rebecca Rusch, Kristi Mohn, Dan Hughes, Chris Skogen, and Bobby Wintle. You all are so deserving of this honor and recognition. 

I also want to acknowledge Jeff Kerkove, without whom Trans Iowa, and my journey toward this night, would not have happened. I want to thank also Mike Curiak and Richard "Deke" Gosen- Men who both influenced gravel cycling and my journey in it in the beginning. 

I don't know.....this is weird. Cycling has given me so much all throughout my life. I just wanted to give something back. Apparently I gave back to cycling enough that some people figured I should be recognized for that, and if that is close to the mark, then I am happy that I made a difference. That was the goal all along for me. 

 I wanted to let you all know that I appreciate every one of you so much! As I have said before- "Without you all, I am nothing."- and I mean that sincerely. You all helped to make these gravelly things happen. It is why I consider that - while it may be my name on the plaque in the Hall of Fame, - you all have a part in it with me.

Thank you!

Next: The Trip Down

3 comments:

MG said...

Right on… I’m so stoked for you, Brother!

Guitar Ted said...

@MG - Thanks Brother!

FarleyBob said...

Nice work GT! (I'm just catching up on postings after a long weekend.):)