Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Announcing The Twentieth Anniversary Celebration Of Guitar Ted Productions

Today I am announcing that in mid-May, next month, I will start my Twentieth Anniversary here of blogging. Twenty years! It is hard to believe that it has been THAT many years. 

Throughout the rest of 2024 and beginning of 2025, until mid-May next year, I will periodically be doing some special things to mark the occasion. 

This will definitely include my special "20th Anniversary Headers" which will recap each of the semi-permanent headers used during most of the first ten years of this blog's existence. These will be replicas of the headers with special 20th anniversary marking.

Don't worry if you are a fan of the constantly rotating header as I will still be interspersing those as the year goes on as well. 

I may also offer some other things to celebrate such as stickers, a t-shirt design, and maybe some other stuff. Maybe.... Stickers are almost a given at this point just because I like stickers! But there will be posts all throughout the 20th Anniversary year looking back on certain aspects of the blog, re-postings of popular themes and maybe even posts that were significant throughout those years. Throughout all of it, I hope that some of you will enjoy seeing where this blog, and myself, have been and how it all ended up here. 

Over the course of twenty years much has changed in our worlds and in cycling in particular. Specifically to this blog, the two themes of 29"ers and gravel bikes and events were certainly central to the writing here. I'll aim to cover it all as the blog showed it coming up soon. If you have any suggestions for topics, or questions, please let me know in the comments or email me at g.ted.productions@gmail.com. 

Notice: A special Gravel Grinder News post will show up here at 8:00am 4/16/24 due to an embargo.

11 comments:

Joe said...

That's quite an achievement!! I think I've been reading it since the start. I started my blog in 2006 but I quit posting to it once I got on Facebook a few years later. I'll keep checking in every morning as long as you keep it going.

NY Roll said...

You are the DIY Punk of cycling. Congratulations of 20 years of success.

Dan Buettner said...

Congrats, Mark. That is an impressive an accomplishment!

Guitar Ted said...

@Joe - Thank you! I'd forgotten you had a blog back then! Those were quite the days when you could look at everyone's cycling blogs.

Guitar Ted said...

@N.Y.Roll - Thank you!

Guitar Ted said...

@Dan Buettner - Thank You! Hope that you are doing well Sir!

MG said...

Congrats, Brother… You are the OG of the gravel scene and we’re all the better for it. Thanks for all you do, and all you’ve done, to get us to where we are today.

Cheers!!

Guitar Ted said...

@MG - Thank You!! Couldn't have done a lot of it without you there.

Love ya Brother!

MG said...

Love you too.

S Sprague said...

Congrats on this milestone! I've been reading when you covered 29ers and now gravel bikes. I'm constantly reading alomst every morning. And I enjoy your podcast with NY Roll!

Guitar Ted said...

@S Sprague - That's very kind of you to say. Thank you!